Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My collection on Zistle !

1992 Classic, Orel Hershiser (card #33)

I now have about 95 % of my Orel Hershiser collection on Zistle. "What? Why not the other 5 %?" one might ask.

Hmmm. I don't know where a few cards are, I haven't added the Topps coin and a few are oddballs... Burger King baseball. Starting Line Up figure. Giant Mask of Orel. (Yes, Mr. Owl, I found it. Too big for the scanner. Photos later.)

Now, one might be asking, "How can I see your collection on Zistle?"

Well, one could click here and then search for Hershiser.

You can also see my list here (includes a sheet of wants). This was taken from showing my collection in Zistle, copying the data into an OpenOffice.org calc sheet, minor editing, then copying and pasting the data into a Google docs sheet. Sort of a hack, but it works for me.

Now, there are still many more Hershiser cards that have not been entered into Zistle. I plan on doing that soon. Don't know when 'soon' is, but soon.

I also need to scan my cards and upload them to Zistle.

The best thing that I've found about Zistle is their attention to customer requests.

Ashley and Josh run the place. I don't know how they do it. They quickly answer my private questions, are open for a quick google chat, have a sense of humor. And they're sticking it to the man. Good for them.


  1. Nicely done! I'd like to throw my Granderson's up there but time is a bit of a factor, I'd imagine (I also want to provide scans from a scanner, which I don't have). How long did it take you to get everything scanned and up there?

  2. I've been putting stuff on there, too. I think it's kind of neat and makes it easy to not only put a wantlist together, but if there are already scans, I can see what the cards on my wantlist look like.

  3. One of these days I'll do the Zistle thing. I've just got to find some time.

    That Hershiser list is a reality check! I found out you have just about all the ones I set aside for you (I'm a little hazy on a handful because you don't have pictures up for all of them -- I'm too lazy to look at the words. But it looks like you might have those, too).