Saturday, September 26, 2009

The kindness of fellow bloggers

I am amazed at the kindness of fellow bloggers. Night Owl, up in the hinterlands of New York, was awake enough over the past few months to read my blog and know what I like to collect.

I like Carl Erskine...

,2005 Topps Fan Favorites, 1960 Carl Erskine (card # 24)

I like Orel Hershiser...

1989 Promo Card, Out of the Blue, Orel Hershiser


I like the Cardiff Giant...
2009 Topps Allen & Ginter,
World's Biggest Hoaxes, Hoodwinks & Bamboozles,
The Cardiff Giant (card # HHB19)

I first saw the Cardiff Giant in the late 1960s or early 1970s. It was (and still is) resting at the Farmer's Museum in Cooperstown, New York. The museum has a blog. Here are some entries they've tagged with "Cardiff Giant".

I went searching online and found a few images that were the inspiration for the card front...





So, while Mr. Owl has the Saturday blahs, I'm excited because next week I get to start reading A Colossal Hoax.

Greg (and yes, I do call him Greg sometimes), thank you for the cards.

1 comment:

  1. Greg says "you're welcome." But he's very busy. Commenting from work, you know. Bye now.

    ReplyDelete