Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Good Day

It started last week.

Long story shortened. A Borders gift card from Christmas resulted in the purchase of The Card. Reading it has renewed my interest in baseball cards and sports memorabilia. Reading about the auctions made me seek them out online. I came across Robert Edward Auctions. On their site is a place to request a catalog. I requested one for their upcoming auction and was bold enough to ask for some older catalogs. Mind you, I'm not a viable customer for REA or for any other top end auction house. I don't have enough in my collecting budget to make a bid. For anything. Well, maybe that Bronze mini card that I won on ebay. Free shipping. Can't beat that.

Back to REA. I got a very nice response the next day from Robert Lifson, their president. He said that they'd be sending out the catalogs. I got them in the mail today.

These are the 2007 and 2008 catalogs. Wow! They are about 700 pages each, full of beautiful photography and well written descriptions. If I had to describe them in one word it would be: lush.

But they arrived after I visited two cards stores in Knoxville. I was able to pick up a Game Used card and two cards of a former MLB player to send to him for signing. But those will be discussed in a future post.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment