Monday, January 12, 2009

Not enough money

So, on Saturday, I visited a sports card shop to purchase some cards of a former MLB player that I intend to send off to him for him to sign.  I selected two cards, some sleeves, a hard card protector and a 4-up page for some strange sized police cards.  Then I noticed the sign that the shop did not take debit cards for purchases less than $10.  I had about $6 worth of stuff.  Not enough.  So I strolled over to their cabinet of $5 Autographed (Auto)  and Game Used (GU) cards.  Some nice Allen and Ginter Auto cards.  Modern players.  They were nice, but nothing really caught my eye.  Then I found a 2005 Upper Deck Legendary Lineage of Jim Palmer (LL-JP).  How often can one get a part of a uniform of a Hall of Famer?  Well, for me, not that often.  So I bought it.

And sorry I didn't crop the photo.  Maybe later.  Maybe not.

I've stumbled on a few ball card blogs that I'm very taken with.  Here are some of them:


and a nice collection of baseball card blogs: Baseball Card Blogs

Go and enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment