Monday, March 26, 2012

A nice run

I had a nice run of posts in February.  Sure, they weren't all baseball card related, but I thought that I was on point.

So, you might ask yourself, why the sudden drop off?  The best answer that I can give is: too many irons in the fire of life.

I've been having a grand time over at Baseball Nuggets, recently posting about the Svengali Baseball Team of 1895.  They played the Trilbys.  Exciting stuff.

And I recently stumbled across the student newspaper (1915-1997) of Maryville College at Archive.org.  That's keeping my Old Knoxville Baseball blog humming.

Just for kicks I did some research on the origin of the term Paddy Wagon at the My Good Life blog.

I vowed not to join in any fantasy baseball this year.  Too much to keep track of.  I'd rather spend my time watching games and reading than wondering who is pitching and is my bullpen on the DL.  I'll enjoy baseball this year.

About a week and a half ago I had the opportunity to stop by Johnson University while they were playing Lancaster Bible College.  I was on the third base side and had my Blackberry in my hand.  The runner came from second.  I pulled up the phone and was able to take a photo through the chain link fence.  Not a great photo by any means.  But it proves to me that baseball is happening.  Johnson won.


The 2012 Emerald Baseball Guide has been e-published.  Pick up your free copy.

I haven't picked up any new baseball cards in quite some time.  And I probably won't be buying any 2012 releases.  Sure, they're tempting, but they don't fit in with my collecting goals.  Which has had me thinking, what are my goals for this year?  Oh, probably about the same as last year.  Collect less broadly, add more Hershisers, share what I have with others.  Also thinking of picking up some tobacco cards.

I mentioned in my nickel box post about a few magazines I picked up.  21 years ago Trading Cards was first published.  An interesting mix of, well, everything.


And this is what I was looking for.  The problem is that I'm not that interested in racing cards from 19 years ago.  Although it is a good starting point to see what was available.  To me it seems the prices were inflated then.  Not much has changed.


So, I'll try to climb back on the posting horse and ride it a bit more, but now I'm off for a small buying spree at SportLots.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment