Wednesday, June 3, 2009

1989 Topps Rack Pack

I've opened one of the packs that my dad sent me. 1989 Topps. Rack Pack. I decided to open this one first as I'm trying to complete the set. I found one card that I needed. Dave Parker (# 475).

The set seems to offer decent photography, players in sharp focus with the background blurred. But many of them are stills or posed, either during batting practice or spring training. The bulk of the in-game shots are of the pitchers. I couldn't quite distinguish the Blue Cap Spectator Man, but I'm sure he's in this set.

Best card that was in this pack was the Ryne Sandberg All-Star Game Commemorative card (14 of 22). It is glossy. Whee! I'm going to the Smokies' game this coming Monday. I'll bring it along, but I really would like him to sign the 2008 UD Masterpieces card.

Greg, over at Night Owl Cards, sent me four more of the 1989 cards that I needed for set completion. He also sent me another special card, but that's another post.

I'm now down to 23 cards and just followed up with a reader who offered me many of the cards I need, but his email slipped through the cracks of life.

2 comments:

  1. I put back some "star" rack packs in 1988. Sadly, I'll have to find another way to fund my retirement.

    ReplyDelete