Friday, December 17, 2010

Tidbits

So, I've got several thoughts going on in my mind, many of them small, not even big enough to cluster together so I'll spill them here.  Some of them will blossom into an actual post of their own.
  • There's a nice little contest going on over at Drop The Gloves!.  Hockey and all that.  It only has 30 slots, so get there quick.
  • I'm sad that Bob Feller passed away.  Yes, everyone has to at some point in time.  Donald Honig has a nice bit about him in Baseball When The Grass Was Real.
  • I need to renew my SABR membership.  Time's running out.
  • I'm back in the trading game.  I'm working out the details.  I'm trading with T, but am sending the cards to J.  T and I haven't yet worked out what he's sending me.  I'm not too worried about it.  UPDATE: I sent out the cards to J.
  • I've got several piles of cards that need to go out to bloggers and their ilk.  Hoping to do that on Friday.  But I've been hoping to do that for several weeks.  UPDATE: I sent out the cards to D.
  • I've been poking around old newspapers again.  Found some fun info on the Bloomer Girls, a women's barnstorming team.
  • Another contest, celebrating the 100th post of My Cardboard Mistress.  Congrats.
  • I've been playing around with Paint dot net and have made a prototype card, hoping that Beardy will host another Ho Ho Holiday custom card contest.  We'll see.
  • I've been very impressed with the good folks over at Zistle.  They've expanded the site and given the contributors some nice options.  I'm now the Set Expert for two sets.  Whee!
  • Another player might need to be included in the "Doc" Newton vs. "Schoolboy" Tugerson debate.
  • Oh, and another contest over at Enough Already.  Giving back is good.
  • I picked up two more cheapo HOF relic cards for my collection.
  • And another contest, this one over at All About Cards. Year end, you get to vote.  Clicky, clicky.
  • And I'll leave you with a Sords Points story from the January 14, 1931 issue of The Daily Times...


1933 Sport Kings, "Ching" Johnson (card #30)
(image lifted from this ebay auction)

1 comment: