Monday, April 30, 2012

Better than cards

Yesterday was my daughter's eighth birthday. It was a full weekend. My brother and sister-in-law came down from Ohio to help celebrate.


One of the things that Caroline said that she wanted for her birthday was a bat and ball. We get to see Grandma pitching to her.


On Saturday the Down Syndrome Awareness Group of East Tennessee had their annual Day at the Zoo.   The Knoxville Zoo is nice.  Of the many critters that they host, this one caught my eye.


Which ties in very nicely to Night Owl's "The Best Glasses On Baseball Cards. Period" countdown.


The only thing card related I did this weekend was to show my brother some of my card binders.  It was nice to actually look at the cards.

But Caroline's birthday was much better than cards.

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!

    My niece's birthday is the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those of us who traveled enjoyed the weekend just as much as those who stayed at home.

    Hard to pick out a "best" part of the weekend. Having Caroline declare Sunday to be my birthday, as well as hers, was really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a sweetie. I hope you spoiled her this weekend. Oh, btw... is that a cat in the driveway?

    ReplyDelete