Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Non Racing Card Fictitious Baseball Card Post

I'm taking a respite from racing cards to bring a special post. I like to watch TV. To balance that out, I like to read. And spend time with my wife and my kids. But back to the TV. I don't watch that many current shows. Big Bang Theory. The Middle. Modern Family. Castle. White Collar. Yes, these are all mindless drivel. But I like them. Call them my guilty pleasures.

Last night's episode of White Collar centered around the theft of Babe Ruth's first official home run ball from the Yankee Stadium museum.

I'm not going to describe the whole show, episode or the characters, but we learn that the main FBI agent, Peter Burke, pitched for the Twins and had a baseball card. They show the criminal turned good give the agent a copy of his rookie card. It was only on screen for a few seconds. It appeared to be a 2008 Topps. You want a synopsis of the episode?  Here you go.


I set out to make a fictitious card. I haven't done one in a while, so why not?

I lifted all the elements. The picture is of Carl Pavano. The name font is Ironmonger Black.  I typed in the name for a sample and then snapped that.  The signature font is Denistina.  Is the card good?  No, not really.  But it works.  And it isn't a racing card.  They'll return soon enough.

1 comment: