Monday, April 4, 2011

Which one of these is not like the others?

Something just isn't right.



A few months back I was contacted by an online presence that sells sports stuff. I took a look at that time and decided that I wasn't interested.  Normally I reply with a pleasant, but firm "Thanks, but no thanks."  I must have forgotten this one.  Last night the online presence contacted me, following up.  I took another look at their site, a bit deeper this time.  I found the three items above.

This time I replied to the presence, asking if they could explain the differences between the items.  Since the price of these signed baseballs range in price from $81.60 to $144.74 I was concerned that someone might be getting fleeced.

The reply that I received was:
Thank you for pointing that out. I'll forward your email to our webmaster to have it sorted out.
Have the webmaster sort it out?  What?  Maybe somebody in Quality Control?  Maybe owning up to the fact that there is a problem and that they've been selling funny autos?  No, that won't happen.  It would seriously damage their reputation.

I'm not so naive to think that this doesn't happen at other places.  Other stores, ebay, even big auction houses.

I don't think I'll be accepting that link.

Oh.  The answer is the second ball.  It is not like the others.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, looks awfully close to those "autographs" kids applied to our Little League gloves back in the day. They're totally real, just ask us!

    ReplyDelete