Monday, April 4, 2011

A Fresh Start

I'm in the process of organizing my Orel Hershiser collection. I had my cards in a binder, but they were roughly categorized by manufacturer and then by year. Roughly. There were a few four-pocket pages for the oversized police cards and tracts. And those strange food discs. And a box for stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. You know, the bronze ingot card, the Topps DoubleHeader standup plastic holder thing, an SLU figure, a pin, a coin, the fat relic cards that don't fit into a standard binder. Those sort of things.

I now have a new binder with those tabbed dividers. One tab per year. It makes it very easy when sorting cards. Now I'm going through the cards to make sure that I've entered them into the Zistle.com database.  If there are cards that are entered but do not yet have a scanned image, guess what?  I scan them.

So, here's an Orel Hershiser Rookie Card from up north.  I figure that if I'm scanning them for Zistle I may as well get double duty from them.  No, I won't be featuring every card I scan, but since this is the beginning of the season, and this is OH's Rookie Card, why not share it.

1985 O-Pee-Chee
Orel Hershiser (card # 273)

That's a good looking card.  Yes, there's a printing streak on the back.  So what?  He's so baby-faced.  And he doesn't know what's going to happen in the next few years.

1 comment:

  1. Did you see him on Sunday night baseball last night? He's STILL baby faced!

    ReplyDelete