Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Disco Era Dandies

I wasn't aware of this 2001 Upper Deck Decade subset.  It is a small group, numbered DE1 through DE6.

Mike Schmidt
Johnny Bench
Lou Brock
Reggie Jackson
Willie Stargell
Tom Seaver

I really don't think of Johnny Bench listening to disco.  Yes, he was of the Disco Era, but I also don't see him as a Dandy.

If I had to match musical tastes with these six players I would do it this way:

Mike Schmidt - BTO, Kansas, Paul McCartney and Wings
Johnny Bench - Elton John, Hall & Oates, John Denver
Lou Brock - Diana Ross, Lou Rawls, Commodores
Reggie Jackson - Rick James, Chic, Rose Royce
Willie Stargell - Booker T and the MGs, Earth, Wind and Fire
Tom Seaver - Eagles, Bee Gees, Abba

2 comments:

  1. very interesting "matches" of musical tastes - I can definitely see Stargell with EW & F and didn't Lou Brock once date Diana Ross or was it Gladys Knight ? Would Johnny Bench be Hall or Oates ? Lets bring back Disco . . . NOT !

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://tinyurl.com/cwm3oo

    I have all the subsets from this set there. Love the sets and sometimes use the Bench cards for icons on Facebook. Confuses the heck out of people.

    ReplyDelete