Friday, February 7, 2014

Gratitude and Milestones

I'm not usually one to honk my own horn, but I wanted to say thank you for some things.  I couldn't figure out a way to say thanks without seeming to call attention to myself.  I'll live.

Night Owl put together a list of his top 12 "always read to the bottom" blogs.  I made that list.  I'm not sure why.  He shares his reasons.  I think that it is because we're roughly the same age and both spent time in the upper part of New York State.  That and he knows that I'll gladly take non-Dodgers Hershisers off his hands.  Thanks, Greg.

I was also nominated as one of the top bloggers in Dan's survey.  That is Dan of It's like having my own card shop blog.  I don't know, nor do I need to know, who put forth my name.  The survey results haven't been released but being part of that group felt nice.  Thank you.  No, I didn't vote for myself.

But the survey did bring some new blogs to my attention.  I'm now following and reading:
I think that this past year I've gotten too comfortable in my blog reading habits.  I'm trying to expand a bit and these bloggers are allowing me to do that in a fun way.  Thanks.

Enough gratitude.  How about some milestones?

Okay, about a month ago I passed the five year anniversary of this blog.  Some 900 posts later I'm still at.  Don't know why, but I am.

I also noticed that I just passed the five year anniversary of using Zistle.  Josh and Ashley (creators and caretakers) have a good thing going over there.  I'm not as active a checklist adder as I used to be, but I'm back to cataloging my cards there.  For example, want to see my Topps Type Collection on Zistle?  Click here.

I picked up a vintagey baseball card on ebay this week.  No, not Mr. French, although I'm watching him very closely.  I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to define my wants.  Vintage.  Old time baseball cards.  I'm still working on it.

But I did find another card I really want.  Not baseball, but an actor card.
1935 Gallaher Film Partners #8 - Madeleine Carroll Robert Donat - Courtesy of COMC.com
1935 Gallaher Film Partners
Robert Donat / Madeleine Carroll (card # 8)
Why?  Because this is from my favorite film of all time.  Hitchcock's "The 39 Steps".

Want to watch?  Grab some popcorn, dim the lights and let's go.


Better yet, get the Criterion Collection of this wonderful film.  A much better transfer and tons of extras.

3 comments:

  1. I made it to the bottom again. ... But not the movie. I wish I had that kind of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card. I'll be sure to add that film to my list of films to watch when I have more time.

    And thanks for following my blog :). I've started following your blog as well and have added it to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete