Friday, March 7, 2014

Baseball Cards in Songs

The other day I heard Chicago's Old Days on the radio.  Here are some of the lyrics:
Old days, good times I remember
Fun days filled with simple pleasures
Drive-in movies, comic books and blue jeans
Howdy Doody, baseball cards and birthdays
Take me back to a world gone away
Memories seem like yesterday
I don't remember hearing the phrase "baseball cards" before.  Usually I'm listening to the bass line or the horns.

Are there other songs that mention baseball cards that I've tuned out?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I had no idea that was in there either! When I was in my college's marching band (I graduated 20 years ago this year...so the song is appropriate too!), we used to play Old Days all the time. I know all the notes, but I never knew the words. Thanks for posting this -- old days indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may help:

    http://baseballoddball.blogspot.com/2013/03/baseball-cards-in-song-lyrics.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I'm a day late and a dollar short. Maybe a year late and a dollar short.

      Delete
  3. Damn... this song really takes me back to my childhood. Good times and great memories of my mom driving me and my older sister around listening to their Chicago VIII 8-track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The Angel" by Bruce Springsteen mentions baseball cards in the spokes

    ReplyDelete