Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ryans for Ryan

I'm working on a trade with reader Ryan. He wants some Nolan Ryan cards. I did some digging through my collection and found these five cards.

The top two are from the 1992 Mother's Cookies Nolan Ryan 7 No-Hitters set. There are eight cards in the set. One could also order an uncut sheet of all the cards.  Good marketing on Mother's part.  Making you purchase two different products if you wanted to complete the set as premiums.

The next two cards are from the 1993 Mother's Cookies Nolan Ryan Farewell set.  A 10 card set, available either by individual cookie package purchases or by sending in for the complete set.

The last card is from the 16 oz. sandwich package.  It is not a duplicate of one shown.  You can read the number through the packaging.  I'll leave it as a surprise for Ryan.

Mother's Cookies was based out of California at the time and featured baseball cards of mostly west coast teams as premiums from 1983 to 1998.


It appears that I do have an uncut sheet of the 7 No-Hitter set, but I can't find it right now.

So, Ryan, if you'd like these Ryans, drop me an email.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment