Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Carl Erskine

Dang. I'm a day late with this one, too.

I have simple collecting goals.

Earl Wilson base Topps cards. Completed.

Orel Hershiser cards. A work in progress.

Inexpensive Hall of Famer relic/auto cards. Another work in progress.

Carl Erskine cards. A work in progress that I'm just now beginning to assess. With the help of some bloggers I've started to assemble some Oisk cards.

Mr. Erskine's 83d birthday was on Sunday. In honor of that I thought I'd share my Erskine cards with you. No, this isn't going to be a long post. And I'll only show the fronts. In no particular order, here they are...


2001 Upper Deck Legends of New York, Legendary Dodgers,
Game-Worn Jersey, Carl Erskine (card # LDJ-CE)


2005 Topps Fan Favorites, 1960 Carl Erskine (card # 24)


1955 Bowman, Carl Erskine (card # 70)


1958 Topps, Carl Erskine (card # 258)


1991 Topps Archives (1953), Carl Erskine (card # 308)


1959 Topps, Carl Erskine (card # 217)


2008 Donruss Threads, Carl Erskine (card # 14)


1976 ISCA Hoosier Hot-Stove All-Stars, Carl Erskine (card # 12)


That's what I've got. I've got my eye on a few more, but I'm happy with what I have and will slowly build this collection.

For now, Happy (belated) Birthday, Oisk!

2 comments:

  1. I missed his birthday, too. But now I've got to look to see what Erskine cards I have. Maybe I'll post on birthday No. 84.

    ReplyDelete