Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New Huggins & Scott Auction Catalog


A new auction catalog showed up in the mail last week. Huggins & Scott, a fine sports memorabilia auction house is having their May auction. Online bids are being accepted now.

They have a two day auction, so I selected one item from each day that I'd like to add to my collection. Neither are going to happen, but a boy can dream, can't he?

Day 1, Lot Number 107, a 1953 Bowman Color Complete Set of (160) Cards. Yes, this is the set that includes the wonderful Pee Wee Reese action shot card. The bid opened at $900 and is now up to $1,200.

Day 2, Lot Number 831, a Beautiful Babe Ruth Single-Signed baseball. To me, nothing says "baseball memorabilia" like a nice Ruth signature on a baseball. The bid opened at $750 and is now up to $7,000.

The catalog is full of cards, bats, balls, autographs, uniforms from a variety of sports. Full color with concise descriptions. It took me several days to select the two items that I wanted.

I'd urge you to go to their site and peruse the lots. Download the catalog in .pdf format. Not quite like having a real copy in your hands, but better than nothing.

1 comment: