Saturday, May 2, 2009

Latest ebay Hershiser

Here's the latest Hershiser card for my collection. 


It is a 2004 Fleer Greats of the Game, Forever Game-Used Jersey card, number F-OH.  I picked it up on ebay for $2.21, plus $2.79 shipping.  Five bucks.  Yeah, I know, jersey cards are yesterday's cards.  Well, I like yesterday's cards.

There are 23 different cards in this subset.  According to the 2008 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards, production numbers are:
Common Player: 149 sets
Jersey: 99 sets
Patch Number: 49 sets
Patch Logo: 10 sets

I'm a bit confused by this.  This is a subset of jerseys.  Any common player should have a jersey, therefore there shouldn't be a difference.

If you look in the upper left on the back of the card, there is a small discolored area.  This is a gap in the UV coating.  I'm assuming that it is UV.  The coating is glossy.  The gap isn't.  I'm guessing that that this is where the card should be numbered.  But it wasn't.

The card also seems to be cut slightly crooked.  The border isn't equal all the way around.  Not the end of the world.

For five bucks I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment