Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Joe Morgan Jersey Card

It has been quite some time since I've added to my really cheap (under $5) Hall of Fame relic / auto cards.  I found this one on Listia.  I was the winner for just 3,363 credits.  When I check my Listia credit conversion chart that's about 20 NASCAR cards of Joe Nemechek, Kyle Petty, and Jeff Burton.  I didn't need them, but this one I'll take.

Now, when I hear the name "Joe Morgan" I think of Cincinnati.  Did you know that he got his start with Houston and played with that club for ten years compared with only eight in Cincy?  Two with San Francisco, and a season each with Philadelphia and Oakland.

This butt-ugly card celebrates one of his years with the Giants.

2002 Topps American Pie
Through the Years Relic
Joe Morgan (card # TTY-JM)

Joe was a two time MVP, a ten time All-Star, a five time Golden Glover, and a one time Silver Slugger.  Not too shabby.  I'll keep the card.

What's with that number (4149891) on the holo-foil sticker on the back?  Is that an inventory number for Topps?

1 comment: