Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I say Micro, you say ...

Soft? Skirt? Scope? How about 1991 Topps Micro? Sure, I knew you could.

This first card came in the mail last week, from everyone's favorite Baseball Dad, Jack from the All Tribe Baseball blog.  It arrived with a note that said that he had a "major addition" for my collection.  Carefully ripping the package open, I saw this.  I don't have the actual size of this card, but it is rather tiny. 

1991 Topps Micro
Orel Hershiser (card # 690)

My initial thought was, "Great, another Cracker Jack card."  I've been sorting my Hershiser cards lately and I didn't remember seeing the Cracker Jack.  I checked Zistle.  I had the Cracker Jack, but not the micro.  Another one off the OH want list.  Thanks, Jack.

1991 Topps Cracker Jack, 2nd Series
Orel Hershiser (card # 17)


For size comparison, here's the standard Topps card.  I think that Orel is saying, "One win?  That's all I got last season?  One?  Great.  Just one loss, too.  Remember that.  I'm a .500 pitcher.  Valenzuela and Belcher are also .500 pitchers.  And Howell.  And Cook.  Ramon?  He's a freak.  Let's see how he does after tearing his rotator cuff.  Wait.  What?  Oh, just one out in this inning?  Okay.  Never mind."
1991 Topps
Orel Hershiser (card # 690)

Now all three cards are tucked safely away in the binder, taking up the top three slots in the 1991 section.





Thanks, again, Jack.

4 comments:

  1. I don't put micro cards in binders. Perhaps you have a storing secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you still needed it. Couldn't find much on your want list that I had !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my micros are in coin pocket pages, if memory serves... Then again, I probably have each one in its own cavernous standard pocket...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found my container full of Topps Micro, Topps Cracker Jacks and little mini 1992 Donruss cards. I'm going to try and use the tobacco card pages and see if those will work.

    ReplyDelete