Monday, September 7, 2015

Tears of a Clown

1971 Topps
Jim Hickman (card # 175)
Several weeks ago a friend of mine, Jeff Archer, said that he was going to attend a card show in Cincinnati.  Would I like for him to help me with my 1971 Topps wantlist?  Sure!

He let me know that he was successful, mostly with dime box plunders.  We live on opposite sides of Knoxville and our paths didn't cross until last week when we both attended the final game of the Tennessee Smokies.

a few older Cubs enjoying the view at Smokies Park

We exchanged pleasantries, but more importantly we exchanged cash for cards. I came away with 56 cards. 54 cards that were on my wantlist, 1 dupe, and a Jeff Lewis card.

2000 Topps
Jeff Lewis (card # 294)
I thank Jeff for his friendship, but mostly for his willingness to be my card show proxy.  And his snarky attitude on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment