Wednesday, April 29, 2015

T59 Flags of All Nations - Danish West Indies

Another Listia win.  This card, presumably cut from an album, is part of the four series set, Flags of All Nations, otherwise known as T59.  It set me back 2,132 credits.  I'll take that.  Oh, I did.

T59 Flags of All Nations
Danish West Indies

The Danish West Indies were sold to the US in 1917 and are now recognized as the US Virgin Islands.  The USVI has produced 11 MLB players.

From what I've seen on the web, the typical back for this card is the Recruit brand of cigars.  Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what's behind the paper.

A gentle tug at the album paper lets me know that it isn't wise to keep tugging.  So, how does one remove the paper?  I seem to remember something about soaking it off.  It would also probably clean the card a bit.  Note: I did read a few threads on net54baseball.com.  I think I'll give soaking a try.

Has anyone tried to remove glued paper from cards?  Suggestions? 

1 comment:

  1. When I was a kid and collected stamps, I would remove stamps off of envelopes with the help of my dad by boiling water in a tea kettle and then holding up the envelope to the steam with tongs with the stamp closest to the steam and slowly peeling it off. I don't know if that is the same thing but thought I'd throw it out.

    ReplyDelete