Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Manny Ramirez - At What Price?

I was looking through COMC this week and a card leaped out at me.  Not so much the card, but the price.  Actually, it was the disparity of the prices of the cards.

I wasn't searching for Manny.  I don't collect Manny.  I like his ball playing, but not his attitude towards the game.  I don't want this card.  I'm not into graded cards.  Especially at these prices.

1994 SP Holoviews #31 - Manny Ramirez [BGS 9.5] - Courtesy of COMC.com
1994 SP Holofoils
Manny Ramirez (card # 31)
BGS 9.5
COMC Price: $276.00

There are three of these things.  I've showed the high.  I'll show the low.  Yep, there's one in between at a cool $196.00.

1994 SP Holoviews #31 - Manny Ramirez [BGS 9.5] - Courtesy of COMC.com
1994 SP Holofoils
Manny Ramirez (card # 31)
BGS 9.5
COMC Price: $21.50

Ah, here's a much cheaper alternative.  Pick one up that isn't graded.

1994 SP Holoviews #31 - Manny Ramirez - Courtesy of COMC.com
1994 SP Holofoils
Manny Ramirez (card # 31)
COMC Price: $0.74

The silly thing to me is that there is one seller of the two higher priced graded cards.  Why, then, the $80 price difference between the two cards?  They're both graded at 9.5.  But I don't need to worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment