Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Rookie Purchased

I went fishing in the waters of ebay and pulled this from the weeds.

1951 Topps Magic
Bill Wade (card # 2)

It was the $13.60 model.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that 85 % of the back hadn't been scratched off.  The sweet part of this is that I had to purchased some rather expensive items on ebay in the past few months.  I was reimbursed but I got to keep the ebay bucks.  Enough to pay for this one.  And the Jeff Lewis auto.  And two other cards I'll be showing in the coming days.

I think that I might be nearing the end of the line on the Bill Wade collecting train.  Sure, there are more issues out there, but I'm not really a Coke cap collector, nor do I need any Bell Brands or Kahn's cards.  But I'm leaving my options open.

2 comments:

  1. Was this guy in the band before or after Lionel Ritchie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After. He's filled in on a few reunion tours.

      Actually, he lives in the Nashville area and turned 83 in October.

      Delete