Saturday, April 27, 2013

Catching up with the Tarp-Nami guy

He's not just the Tarp-Nami guy, he has a name.  Philip Torbertt.  You might remember last year's viral video...


Philip was part of the grounds crew for the Smokies.  Now he's working at a local branch of US Bank.


I had to do a food run this morning.  This branch of US Bank recently opened in our Food City.   I stopped to ask about my son opening an account there and Philip asked about my 2012 Southern League All-Star Game hat.  The talk quickly turned to baseball and his 15 minutes of fame.

Okay, there's really no catching up here.  I'd never met him before, but he seems nice enough and we're going to open the account this afternoon.  Just a bit of "Ah, you're the Tarp-Nami guy."

For the local newspaper story about the Tarp-Nami incident click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment