Saturday, September 1, 2012

1993 Leland's Auction Catalog

I was at Central Street Books (facebook link) in KnoxVegas and found this gem for a dollar. The proprietor, wanting to clear cruft out of his shop, sold it for fifty cents. A winner is me.


There are quite a few uniforms, signed balls, even Pete Rose's Rolls Royce.  Say that three times fast.

I like the Ruth poster and the mechanical bank.

One of the things that I like about this catalog is the way that the group photos were taken. Sure, I only give you one example.




How did it turn out?  Here are some newspaper articles describing the auction results.

Beaver County Times - February 21, 1993

The Sunday Gazette - February 21, 1993

Ah, to have lived in the early 1990s with a boatload of cash.  I could be driving a Silver Wraith now.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... Rolls-Royce and $44,000 don't sound like they belong in the same sentence. Haha! Very cool find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew a "boner" could be worth so much?

    ReplyDelete