Friday, August 10, 2012

1995 Donruss Red Zone

I stopped in at the Antiques and Collectibles shop in south KnoxVegas last night on my way to one of the high school football jamborees.

I came across something that I've not encountered.  Cards from a football card game.  Sort of like MLB Showdown 2000.  Sort of.  There were cellophane packs with two player cards and a card describing the game.  I picked up four packs. 


Here are two Hall of Famers.  I see on Beckett and ebay where the cards have numbers but I can't find them on the card.  Maybe they are unnumbered, but listed sequentially.  I don't know.

Barry Sanders, looking as lost as I am.
"Do I kick?  Am I injured?  A penalty and extra yards?"
COMC has Barry booking at $20.  I paid a lot less.  A lot less.

Dan Marino looking as lost as Barry is.
"Pass or Run?  What is a FADD?  Can I kick?"
Any reader want to help me out with the numbering system?  Or would you admit to playing this back in the day?  Did you understand it?

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the football version of Donruss Top of the Order. Nice.

    http://apacktobenamedlater.blogspot.com/2010/05/1995-donruss-top-of-order-booster-pack.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pointer. I wasn't aware of that game either.

      Delete
  2. There is no numbering sequence. They made up the numbers I believe based on alphabetical order and team. I used to play. There were a few of us in my local comic book shop that played. I am pretty sure I have the whole set. I am looking into it now to see. Also trying to complete my Top of the Order set but that has been harder to do.

    ReplyDelete