Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tracts

Religious pamphlets.  Not the She's beautiful, she's rich, she's got huge... tracts of land! kind of tracts.

A few weeks ago a purchase from ebay came to me with this Mickey Mantle tract included.

American Tract Society
American Tract Society

Good News Publishers
These tracts are about 3-1/2" x 5-1/2", being four or six pages in length.   The American Tract Society has a few tracts with athletes sharing their relationship with God.  I think that I picked the ATS Hershiser tract up at a card show in the early 1990s.  The Good News Publishers tract I got about the same time.  I worked at Tyndale Publishing House then and they shared a warehouse with GNP.

These are oddballs within my Hershiser collection.  I don't even quite know how to categorize them.  For now they share a four pocket page with some oversized Police Dodger issues.

1 comment:

  1. I went religious recently with an acquisition, too. Picked up a "book" (it's about 20 pages in length) called From the Diamond to the Pulpit. About a minor leaguer named Ernest Crabill who became a preacher after his ballplaying career.

    ReplyDelete