Saturday, July 9, 2011

More Hershiser cards

I'm going through my Orel Hershiser collection, making sure I know what I have and trying to collect what I want.  That word "want" is generally interchangeable with the word "need" but I have a hard time reconciling the fact that I really need baseball cards.  There are many more important things in life.  But I digress.

As I organize using Zistle, I try to add scanned images to their database.  I'll scan the cards in if they don't have them, but then rather than toss them to my recycle bin, they make it to this blog, which I guess is another form of recycling.

The Duracell Power Players cards were issued in two series of 24 cards each.
1993 Duracell Power Players, Series I
Orel Hershiser (card # 4)

.

The 1993 Upper Deck Fun Packs were targeting a younger set of collectors.  I think that the back cartoon is amateurish and knew guys in my college dorm that could draw better than that when they were three sheets to the wind.  And I'm not sure what is happening with the green hat that Orel is wearing.  Perhaps this is a St. Patrick's Day spring training game.

1993 Upper Deck Fun Packs
Orel Hershiser (card # 88)


So, as I scan more cards for my Orel Hershiser collection at Zistle, you'll be seeing them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment