Sunday, June 26, 2011

More Than A Game


This Sunday starts a five week sermon series at the church I attend, Seymour Heights Christian Church.  The main text is from Paul's letter to the Colossians.

Colossians 1:27-29 (The Message)

This mystery has been kept in the dark for a long time, but now it's out in the open. God wanted everyone, not just Jews, to know this rich and glorious secret inside and out, regardless of their background, regardless of their religious standing. The mystery in a nutshell is just this: Christ is in you, so therefore you can look forward to sharing in God's glory. It's that simple. That is the substance of our Message. We preach Christ, warning people not to add to the Message. We teach in a spirit of profound common sense so that we can bring each person to maturity. To be mature is to be basic. Christ! No more, no less. That's what I'm working so hard at day after day, year after year, doing my best with the energy God so generously gives me.

The pastor is using a baseball theme to emphasize the points that Paul wrote.  I'm not quite sure how he's going to do that, but I could imagine some ways.  Actually, since my wife is the worship leader and I sat in on a planning meeting, I do know some of the things in store, from songs to videos.  It will be fun.  Next week we'll be attending a Smokies game.

I was asked to create some cards of the staff and I wanted to share them here.


1974 Topps
Oscar Gamble
(card # 152)



1973 Topps
Enzo Hernandez
(card # 438)



1971 Topps
George Scott
(card # 9)




1964 Topps
Larry Jackson
(card # 444)



1955 Bowman
Randy Jackson
(card # 87)


1970 Topps
Wes Parker
(card # 5)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. You didn't create one for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not so sure about the "Defore" and "After" ones . . .

    That worship leader rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Spankee - I didn't create one for myself because I'm not on staff

    @awedmanor - shutee and yes she does

    ReplyDelete