Monday, October 4, 2010

You Can't Win 'Em All

On February 24, 1973, The Bob Newhart Show episode was titled: You Can't Win 'Em All. Here's the imdb.com's description:
When a star pitcher for the Chicago Cubs baseball team credits Bob with saving his career, the endorsement brings Bob a new patient, Moose Washburn, a second-string player whose career is beyond the help of a mere psychologist.




I'm a big fan of anything Bob Newhart.  I don't remember seeing this episode.  I'm sure that I have but I don't remember it.  I snagged the images from my DVD set (Season 1) and slapped together the cards.  Yes, I know that 1974 Topps had a TRADED set, but I figured that Moose Washburn didn't even deserve the recognition of making that set.  This was just an overprint of his regular season card.

I wanted to use the image of Phil Bender in uniform, but the only scene that was possible for was when he was being interviewed, hence the floating hand holding the microphone.

Topps 1974, Moose Wasburn

1974 Topps, Phil Bender

This episode reminded me quite a bit of the Frasier episode from Season 4, Head Game, where Niles is the talk of Seattle after a brief session with the local basketball team's slumping star turns the player's fortunes around.

I'm not going to take the time to create the back sides of the cards.  I need to go watch an episode of The Bob Newhart Show.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!!! The Bob Newhart Show is one of my all-time favorites!

    ReplyDelete