Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Norman "Turkey" Stearnes played in the the Negro leagues and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2000.


Like many of you, I'll take a bit of time to publicly say thanks.

I'm thankful for my family. The joy that they bring me is immeasurable.

I'm thankful for friends. Some are lifelong, some are transitory. Some are virtual. All have meaning.

I'm thankful for sports card related blogs. I'm thankful that I've been accepted into this community. It keeps me off the streets.

I'm thankful for freedoms of all sorts.

I'm thankful for the men and women that serve the United States in the armed forces.

I'm thankful for God and His grace.

I'm thankful for pumpkin cheesecake and homemade cinnamon whipped cream.

I'm thankful for my lovely wife of just shy of 20 years that made it.

I'm thankful for Bob Newhart.

I'm thankful for books.

Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. I can't take credit for many of these things. But for the things that I can. . . you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your Thanksgiving was happy. Mine was.

    ReplyDelete