Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ryne Sandberg Oddball

Sometime back I stopped at the Antique Mall in south Knoxvegas. Most of the stuff that they have there is not antique. But booth 67 has some nice cards, baseball, football, basketball and racing. Most of them are inexpensively priced. That is my kind of booth.

I found this oddball Ryne Sandberg. It is a 1992 American Sports Monthly issue. I'm assuming that this was a magazine.

1992 American Sports Monthly, Ryne Sandberg, no number
(card numbered 3,514 of 16,000)

Note the low print run. I'm lucky to have picked it up for a dime.

I also purchased some Mets, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Orioles and a bit of shiny. These will be making their way to new homes.

2 comments:

  1. The card back is wonderfully simplistic, yet cool. (Upper Deck, take note).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, they call Asheville, Ashevegas. I didn't know it was a common thing to tack on.

    Ryne played in Chicagovegas. Doesn't have the same ring to it, eh?

    ReplyDelete