Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fourth Place

I entered Thorzul's Halloween Card Contest, Nightmares on Cardboard II. I've seen some of the other entries and I knew that I didn't stand a chance in heck of winning. But I came in fourth place. Despite my comment on his site, I really am pleased to do that well. I've never really been good when it comes to image manipulation.

Thorzul gave some hints to a film that if referenced, would give extra points. I chose the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It wasn't the film. I think I caught some extra points because of the David Cronenberg film references, though.

I used Paint dot NET as my program of choice. This time out I learned about rotating layers. That's how I got the chainsaw to tilt. And I got more comfortable with text boxes. I guess I spent about an hour with this creation.

Am I pleased with my results? Yes. Will I ever master card creation/manipulation? No, but I'm having some fun with it.

I just did some research on Jeff Reed. He's recently agreed to return to the Elizabethton Twins next year as their hitting and third base coach. The Elizabethton Twins are the Rookie Affiliate of the Minnesota Twins. Elizabethton is about a two hour drive. I should print the card out and send him a copy to keep and and ask him to sign one.

Boo!

2 comments:

  1. I thought your card was an awesome entry...well done! And I'm also wondering if anyone figured out the movie besides me. All I have to say is that you need to see it once the secret is out. It's...great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I've been looking forward to seeing the entries!

    ReplyDelete