Monday, March 9, 2009

What I didn't get

Two weeks ago I had plans to attend the opening game of the 2009 University of Tennessee Baseball season. The Vols were playing the Oregon State Beavers. It was a cold day. Very cold. But, it was baseball and they were giving away a statue of Todd Helton to the first 1,000 attendees.

My coworker Matt (who is a UT alum and faithful supporter of UT sports) and I were all set to go. But then, a few days before the game, my daughter came down with croup. My son got sick with head flu type stuff and then my wife did. I missed a day and a half of work due to staying home with the sickies and a school snow day. I didn't feel that I could really cut out of work early, ignore my family and go freeze while watching baseball in mid February.

So, I stayed at work, then came home and tended to the sick.

UT won the game without me. Matt came home with a Todd Helton statue. I took photos.

This is Todd, swinging away. Strike one.
This is Todd again. He connected on this one.
This is Matt. He's holding Todd. He just became a grandfather. Matt, not Todd.

1 comment: