Thursday, January 10, 2013

New (to me) Jeff Burton card

Another card from my COMC haul. I was trying to round out the purchase and I hadn't selected any racing cards. This one fit the bill. I think that it was 50 cents, shiny and sparkly, die cut and just over the top. And I didn't yet own it.  Now I do.

1998 Press Pass Premium
Flag Chasers insert
Jeff Burton (card # FC 27/27)

I'm rethinking my Jeff Burton collection.  With racing cards there are many different cards produced.  One can select from driver cards, car cards, helmet cards, team cards, hauler cards.  I might focus on just the driver cards.  It would make things much easier.

Ah, heck.  Who am I kidding?  I'll probably stay with all of them.

3 comments:

  1. Ya know, I've never considered NASCAR cards before. I'm not a fan of the sport, but the initial picture in my head of what racing cards would look like would be a bunch of pictures of cars mixed with a few candid track shots of the racers themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know nothing about racing, never watched a single race of any type but their cards can be absolutely amazing. I love all the different directions the companies take with event used from the players and cars. Very creative stuff and this is a wonderful example of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't picked up any NASCAR cards in a long time. But I'm still a fan, have been for a long time. I saw Burton win the very first WC race held at Texas Motor Speedway back in 1997. I may just have to do a blog post centered on the trip.

    One trip to a NASCAR race will make anyone a fan.

    ReplyDelete