Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'm A Slacker

I haven't been a faithful blogger as of late. I could give excuses like my washing machine flooded part of the house, my son has been out of state for the last week and a half and I'm having to do all of his chores or that I really haven't felt it lately.  All of them are true.

Some things have happened in the card blogosphere that have been nice and I should have blogged about them.  But I didn't.  So, this is an in-road back to blogging for me.

Several weeks ago I received a small package in the mail from everyone's favorite blogger, Mr. Night Owl.

I had sent him some cards back when the snow was still on the ground in his neck of the woods.  It may still be there, I don't really know.  He sent me a baker's dozen Hershisers and a few other cards.  Greg likes to post so many card images that it makes my phone melt.  I must abandon the reader service on the phone and run to a computer so that I can see them in all their glory.  I'll make it easy on your phones.  Only three cards in this post.

Greg is one of a few Hershiser collectors in the circle of bloggers.  Okay, what doesn't he collect?  Well, I've cracked his code.  He doesn't collect Hershiser in an Indians uniform.  Or in a Giants uniform.  Maybe the Mets, too.  I don't know.  I guess Hershiser in a Dodger uniform.

So, he scoured my want list and knocked a few out.

1997 Leaf Fractal Matrix Die Cuts SX
Orel Hershiser (card # 76)
About a year and a half ago I posted about the Fractal Matrix cards.  I'm not going to rehash it here.  You're lucky to get this much from me.

Now here's a pair of Giants cards Greg wanted to be gone from his stacks.

1999 Fleer Ultra
Orel Hershiser (card # 144)

1999 Fleer Ultra - Gold Medallion Edition
Orel Hershiser (card # 144G)

How do I know that this one is the Gold Medallion Edition?  It says so on the back of the card.  If I ever get around to scanning again, I'll show you the back of it so you'll believe me.  And yes it looks like he sat on a painted park bench.

So, thank you, Greg for kicking my butt into blogging again.  Guilt is a fantastic motivator.  I'll be showing off more of his generous offering to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, if guilt works, I'll stoop to it.

    It will be close to 90 here by mid afternoon Wednesday. I don't expect the snow to survive.

    ReplyDelete