I'm going to have a contest in honor of a blogging milestone. Mr. Night Owl himself recently crested the thousandth entry mark for his wonderful blog, Night Owl Cards.
I've been blogging about cards for about 17 months or so. I've got about 40 % of the posts that Greg does. But this isn't about numbers. Well, okay, it is. When I say I've got about 40 %, that means I have 401 entries. I took a moment and looked back to from where I started. January 10, 2009. By the end of that month, I posted 26 times. I received just six comments. One was from my dad and one was from someone trying offer me something in exchange for some advertising space.
But I carried on, slugging my way through what I thought was a meaningless pathway of drivel, ready to toss in the towel. Along the way there were some blogs that spoke to me. Greg was one of them. Perhaps because we used to live a few hours from each other. Perhaps because we're about the same age. Perhaps because he's just a good writer. We'll go with that last one. Greg's writing makes me smile. Oh, other bloggers elicit a similar response. You know who you are. This is Greg's post. Get a life.
So, in honor of Greg wasting hours of his life behind the keyboard and hovering over the scanner, I present a contest. But since this is my blog and I hit a much smaller milestone and I'm feeling rather vain this evening, I would like you to let me know which post of mine made you smile. If you want to let Greg know which post of his you enjoyed, you can as well.
Yes, that means you actually have to go back through some of my posts and do a bit of homework. Really, it won't be so terribly awful.
What? You want to know about the prizes? Like this isn't about me? Hah!
Well, before the prizes comes the rules.
- Comment below with a post or a phrase from my 400 or so entries that made you smile like Willie is smiling in the above photo.
- The contest will end on Friday, June 18th. Saturday, June 19th is right out.
- I will select the answer that I like the best. The rest I'll toss into the randomizer for other prizes.
- I'll ship the prizes out after July 1st. Yeah, I'm slow like that.
Now, the prizes...
- A computer (Windows) version of Strat-O-Matic's Baseball game.
- A few baseball books. Semi-decent ones, too.
- A mess of cards of my choosing. Not your favorite player, not your favorite team. Unless you're lucky.
There. No bonus entries for spreading the word. No guessing the players in a photo. No trying to bribe me. Save that for Gint-A-Cuffs II.