Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Be Brave and Smile!

I had a chance to stop by one of my local card shops today. He had cleaned out a mess of misc and moved it to the dollar table.  Pawing through the debris I found two team photos of the Atlanta Braves.  I know a few fans of that team so I picked them up.


When I first saw the 1975 team photo I thought, "Now why would a team in the mid 70s have a mascot?" not realizing that it was Don Davidson, longtime traveling secretary for the team.  Research on him pulled up this gem of a quote on the 1969 Braves-Astros free-for-all in Houston: "The next time something like that gets started I'm going to punch the other club's traveling secretary."


Smile!

1 comment:

  1. Mr Davidson shows up on a few Topps team cards going way back.
    More than one blogger has wondered about him...

    ReplyDelete