Sunday, November 24, 2013

1950 Bowmen

I was at one of my local card shops last week and saw these two gems in the glass cabinet.

1950 Bowman
Pete Castiglione (card # 201)
Rookie Card

So, with a little exchange of some cash, I liberated them.

1950 Bowman
Dave Philley (card # 127)

Probably a bit of an impulse purchase on my part, but they looked so lonely.

Getting these cards has put me on the quest to do a Topps type set.  Not all # 5 cards.  That's ridiculous.  Just one card from each of the main sets each year.  I don't care what series it is from.  No Updates.  No Baseball America.  No shiny.  Just a base card from the base set.  I have to figure out what I need.

And yes, I know that I spelled Bowman wrong in the title.  I was looking for the plural.  And I know that it might seem strange that I've decided to put the type collection together after showing Bowman cards.  And I know that I'm very late to this form of type collecting.

2 comments:

  1. Better late than never. Those are beautiful vintage cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI... I was there last week over the holiday and he has a whole binder of 50s Bowman that he keeps in the back. (I'm assuming that your talking about the same shop you gave me directions to when I was in Knoxville before) I grabbed only one card out of it (because Christmas is coming and my money has to go somewhere besides cards) a 49 Bowman Johnny Pesky RC.

    ReplyDelete