Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bricks Aplenty

I took a few hours on Saturday to drive around, run some errands, and get some fresh air.  All were good for me.  I did a bit of shopping, stopping in at the South Knoxvegas Junque & Krappe store.  I found a booth that was offering bricks of sports cards, two for a dollar.  The cards were wrapped in Saran Wrap, with lots of tape.  About 80 cards per brick.  I picked up one brick of baseball and three bricks of NASCAR.  I'll show you some of the baseball cards since I think I'm starting to lose some of my audience.

There were Bowman Chrome, Kmart, MLB Showdown, a 1981 Topps Sticker, Fleer Tradition, Donruss Classic, Stadium Club, Pinnacle, and a boatload of other brands.

I thought that my scanner would explode when I scanned these three cards.  They look much more dazzling in person.

1999 Upper Deck Choice Starquest
Roger Clemens (card # SQ13)


1998 Metal Universe
Curt Schilling (card # 108)


1999 Upper Deck Ionix
Larry Walker (card # 25)
No Hershisers, but a few Diamondbacks for my dad and a couple of Knoxville Smokies.  I'll show those later.

1 comment:

  1. The Starquest is ok, but those Skybox Metal and Ionix cards were wild designs.

    ReplyDelete