Wednesday, July 27, 2016

1938 Player's Cricket Album

Some time back I went ebay window shopping. This album caught my eye. I put in a bid and won for less than the cost of a blaster at WallyMart.

This is a smaller album than I had imagined it would be.  About 7-1/2" x 5"


Oh look.  A checklist.  And it has been partially filled in.


I guess it is now complete since every frame has a card pasted in.  All fifty of them.  I won't share every page.


I think I'd rather root for a club that has swords as their logo as opposed to flowers.  All the images are still portraits.  No action shots.


Clark Gable in the middle?


The colors on these cards just pop out, especially the red backgrounds.


Player's Please.



These are a nice complement to my other cricket card.

1928 Wills Cricketers
E. Hendren (card # 21)


Wow.  Another month, another post.  Who knows, I might crack 15 posts this year.  Ha.  Don't count on it.

Thanks to the faithful readers.  I don't know what I'd do with out the three of you.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - you don't see that every day. What a fascinating find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never actually seen any of the albums before, though the back of each card advertises them. I got two cards from this set in a lot earlier in 2016. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete