Thursday, March 3, 2016

Last of the COMC Black Friday haul

Wow.  Do I know how to stretch out a post series or what?

Trying to maximize the free shipping I picked up some cards that typical collectors (okay, Night Owl is not a typical collector, but you'll see where I'm going soon enough) might not care for.

The first is one of the Fleer boxes.  There were probably 50 of these boxes floating around Hills, KMart, Kay-Bee and many other stores.  I can't keep track of them all.  But I wanted this one.
1989 Fleer Baseball MVP
Orel Hershiser (card # 19)

On to the glut of featureless Panini of 2013.  "We don't have licensing rights?  Who cares?  Not our customers."  I don't know if Orel's other coaches or teammates called him Bulldog outside of LA.
1998 Panini Hometown Heroes Nicknames Black
Orel Hershiser (card # N9)

This is where it turns really south for Greg.  He really only cares about Orel being a Dodger.  Well, he collects Orel as a Dodger.  The rest of the cards can go to the shredder.  Or to me.
1998 Panini Hometown Heroes Rivalry Gold
Orel Hershiser (card # R17)

Another one that Greg doesn't care about.  But it is shiny.
1998 Pacific Omega
Orel Hershiser (card # 211)

And a different one that he doesn't care about.  I kind of like this E-Motion XL card.  The frame is actually a frame.  It sits on the card and gives it a class look, even though Orel isn't sporting Dodger blue.
1996 E-Motion XLOrel Hershiser (card # 48)
So there.  You've got your fix of Mark's Ephemera in for March.  I might actually pick up card blogging on a more regular basis.  Who knows?

1 comment: