Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Young Jim Fregosi

I picked this up on Listia last week.  I'm not really a Fregosi fan.  Not a hater, but not really a fan.  The key selling point is the accordion, of course.
1972 Topps
Jim Fregosi (card # 346)

When seeing or hearing an accordion, some might think of Weird Al Yankovic or Myron Floren.

I think of Don White.  For many decades Don was one of the top accordion players in Chicago.  I am proud to have known him for some 30 years.  When I first moved to Chicago I boarded with he and his wife, JoAnne.  Don was gifted musically and was one of the funniest people I knew.  Don passed away a few years back.  One of the other funniest people I know is his son, Doug.

Here's Don playing and singing "Glue On My Saddle" with Doug accompanying on guitar.


No comments:

Post a Comment