Friday, January 30, 2015

Finding what makes me happy

I haven't purchased a new pack of cards in many, many months. I've been slowing adding to my 1971 Topps (Series 1) pursuit.  After the December holidays I found that I had some left over jingle in my pocket.  To ebay I went.

For less than what I would have spent on a new pack of cards (less than $5 delivered) I picked up an R318 Dodger.  Apparently he'd been moonlighting as Paul M. Longacre, but who am I to quibble?

This is my second R318.  The first one came to me as a prize from Spike several years ago.  I scanned it and then put it in a secret hiding place for protection.  So secret that I've forgotten where it is.

1934 Batter-Up (R318)
Tony Cuccinello (card # 79)

Let's see, what else makes me happy?  Doing baseball research.  I have a few other blogs that I also ignore from time to time.

I've been looking at the University of Tennessee Record Book at Old Knoxville Base Ball.  And just random baseball stuff at Baseball Nuggets.

I'm probably going to pick up a few more Tony Cuccinello cards.  I guess putting together a checklist for him would make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment