Sunday, March 9, 2014

State of the Blog - March

1982 Kellogg's All-Stars
Willie Stargell (card # 1)
No, the above card has nothing to do with the state of the blog.  I just didn't have a theme and wanted to show a card.  Please note the super duper mint in package condition.

How am I doing?  Rather well, I think.  I don't think that I'll be doing a SotB post every month, but I had some thoughts in my head and wanted to get them out.

First, thank you all for your support for my Respect post.  Thank you deeply.

Second?  The rest of the stuff, in no particular order.

Listia - I've been winning a few auctions but haven't been selling much stuff.  In the coming days / weeks I'll be featuring the wins.  Hall of Fame relic card, some 100+ year old tobacco cards, some Jeff Burton cards, some fun things that I'm not sure how to classify in the collecting genre.

1971 Topps - I've added my collection to Zistle.

Trades - I've got three trade packages just itching to go out.  I thought they'd go out last week.  Then this past Saturday.  I'm hoping to get them out by Tuesday.  I'm being realistic.

Other blogs - I've let my Old Knoxville Baseball blog lapse a bit.  I'm not quite sure why.  Thanks to fellow SABR member Bradley Ridenour I just became aware of a 1947 exhibition baseball game in Knoxville between the Red Sox and the Reds. Ted Williams came to town. I hope to have that story up later this week.  Baseball Nuggets?  That one has lapsed a bit as well.  I'm collecting a bit of info on a 'murder at the ball park' story from the early 1930s.

Other bloggers - I've been reading more blogs and commenting more than I used to.  Thanks for writing good stuff.

Auction Prices Revealed - I recently shared some suspect cards that were up for auction.  Here are the prices that they went for:
  • 1933 Goudey #92 Lou Gehrig - $250
  • 1910 Old Mill T210 Joe Jackson - $145
  • 1909 American Caramel E90-1 Joe Jackson - $250
  • 1966 Topps #35 Bobby Orr - $425
  • 1935 Goudey 4 in 1 Ruth, McManus, Brandt & Maranville - $225
  • 1909 American Caramel E92 Honus Wagner - $225
  • 1909 Piedmont T206 Honus Wagner - $1,500

Organizing - Good intentions, poor execution.  I am getting away with the wife for a few days next month.  She'll be quilting.  I guess that would be a good time for me to organize.

That's all I've got.  Thanks for playing.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I wouldn't want to be around the guy who just dropped $1,500 on the Honus Wagner when he finds out it isn't real. I sort of feel sick now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what the cards actually sold for. Keep up,the great blog. I Enjoy reading it

    ReplyDelete