Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sing A Song


No, this isn't about Earth, Wind, & Fire (although they have quite the moves at 1'50 into the video).

 I've been asked to be a guest on a radio show.  Bradley Reeves, co-founder and director of the Tennessee Archive of Moving Image and Sound, has a weekly radio show on WDVX called East Tennessee Quiver.

 In an email earlier this week Bradley said:
Looking forward to the baseball show. As you can tell, it's pretty loose on the Quiver.  Bring any baseball related songs, interviews, comedy routines (Who's on first, for example) and other audio you might want to share.  There may be two or three more baseball fans in the studio with us!
I know that one of the other baseball fans in the studio will be Adam "Butter Bean" Alfrey (captain of the Knoxville Holstons, a vintage base ball club).  So I did some thinking and found a few items that I'd like to bring.  But I'm curious.  What baseball related songs, interviews, comedy routines or other audio would you bring to an hour long radio show?  I'll share my list a bit later.

To keep this post semi-card related, I've lifted an image from Nick's Dime Boxes blog...

1992 Pinnacle
Dwight Smith (card # 293)

3 comments:

  1. Obvious: Centerfield by John Fogerty; Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen; Talkin' Baseball by Terry Cashman (which, to be honest, I think is overrated).

    Not so common: "Did You See Jackie Robinson Hit That Ball?" by Count Basie.

    Weird and nothing to do with Baseball except for the name: "Baseball Cards" by Wavves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song from The Simpsons baseball episode. This is an absolute must.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a band I really like called "The Baseball Project" that does nothing but baseball songs.

    http://thebaseballproject.net/

    ReplyDelete