Friday, January 17, 2014

Tools of the Trade

This set confuses me to no end.  I've picked up a few Hershisers from it (Jumbo Swatch and Blue).  There's still the Black and the Red standard versions to obtain.  I've seen autograph cards of other players, but not so much Orel.

2005 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia
Dual Swatch
Orel Hershiser (card # TT-159) #/55

This came from ebay and put me back a little over ten bucks.  But it was ten ebay bucks.  Free to me.

This is my first "patch" card of Orel.  I've got some jersey cards, but not one with lettering or numbers.  It is thick.  It can't fit in a binder page.  I'll have to take it to the card shop tomorrow to find a case.

Another month and then local college baseball starts here.  I'm planning on attending the University of Tennessee Volunteers host the Purdue Boilermakers in mid February.  Yes, it will be cool.  But it will also be baseball.

3 comments:

  1. Man there are so many parallels and variations to this set. Insane amounts. Oh and FYI Orel does have an auto in the set, but good luck finding one.

    ReplyDelete