Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Gently Loved Entertainment Cards - part 7

I think that this is the end of the movie and TV cards.  For now.  Thanks for sticking with me on this horrid journey.

Now, more Star Wars cards.  Star Wars was the first movie I saw in a movie theatre.  Shallow life up to then.

1978 Topps - Star Wars (Series 1)
Princess Leia Organa (card # 5)

1978 Topps - Star Wars (Series 2)
The imprisoned Princess Leia (card # 89)

1978 Topps - Star Wars (Series 2)
Chewie and Han Solo! (card # 111)

Instead of using terms like "Driving the porcelain bus" or "Ralphing" I think I'm going to start using "Roar of the Wookiee!"
1978 Topps - Star Wars (Series 2)
Roar of the Wookiee! (card # 128)

1978 Topps - Star Wars (Series 3)
Tusken Raiders capture Luke! (card # 111)

1978 Topps - Star Wars (Series 3)
Threepio and friend (card # 111)

1978 Topps - Star Wars (Series 3)
Alec Guiness as Ben Kenobi (card # 195)

1977 Wonder Bread Star Wars
Princess Leia Organa - Carrie Fisher (card # three)

6 comments:

  1. You do realize that "Horrid" and "Star Wars" do not go together, right? All these cards remind me I need to get my SW card sets out of the basement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JJ - No offense intended. I assume that the bulk of my few readers prefer baseball cards. I've been a slacker in that manner, what with showing off NASCAR cards, and now entertainment cards.

      Do "Horrid" and "Jar Jar Binks" go together?

      Delete
    2. No, but somehow "Jar Jar Binks" and "Anal leakage" do.

      Delete
  2. Red-border Star Wars cards! Now we're talking! I owned the Chewie and Han Solo card back in '78. And we'd hassle my little brother with the "Roar of the Wookie" card. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that red bordered cards signified a new series in the set, not a Target exclusive. Ah, marketing.

      Delete