Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Hobbit - Denny's Trading Cards

A few months ago I won a fun little auction on Listia. It was the 10 base card set of Denny's The Hobbit trading cards. For those keeping score, it was won with a bid of 555 and included free shipping.

I'll share some of them with you.

The adorable Biblo.  The Hobbit.




Gandalf.  Wise savior. Pipeweed smoking fireworks maker.  Magneto.




Gollum.  CGI'ed waif that is in need of Hair Club for Men.




Galadriel.  Elvish eye candy.



Thorin Oakenshield.  Is he a viking or a dwarf?  He seems taller than a dwarf should be.



Dwalin.  According to the back of the card he's one of the tallest dwarves.  Instead of that dagger he looks like he should be carrying this Klingon Batleth.



When the movie came out last year I knew that it reminded me of something.  I thought and thought and then it hit me.  31 years before I'd seen similar characters.


The seller threw in some promo cards, but now I'm on the hunt to find the two special edition gold foiled cards.  Bilbo and Gandalf.  I'll get them in time.

2 comments:

  1. I have one of the special addition cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I currently own a case of 2400 + a sleeve of approximately 2500 New Un-opened sealed Denny's Hobbit Trading Cards!
    Accepting OFFERS adalonzo92544@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete